Gathered End Hammock Instructions Finished Length: 11′
1. Measure and cut your fabric. Seam allowances for a rolled hem is 0.5″ and the 2 end channels require a 3″ channel – 6″ total for each end.
Total raw length = 142″
- Using a rolled hem, hem the 2 long edges of fabric.
- Hem the ends to create the gathered end channels.
- fold fabric 1″ and pin or clip
- fold again 3″ and pin
- Sew along folded edge entire width of fabric. 3 rows of stitches approximately Presser Foot width apart.
These two channels we are creating is where all the weight will be placed when the hammock is in use. It’s imperative that we have a strong stitch.
Done! all that is left is to install the Cinch Buckle loops through the channels. Fold the loop in 1/2 and pass through the channel (gathering the ends). Then simply pass the folded loop through itself and pull tight. This is sometimes called a Larks Head knot.